[Tugindia] Sr. No. in `references'

ajith at river-valley.com ajith at river-valley.com
Fri Jun 13 14:29:52 CEST 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, H S Rai wrote:

Put this in the top of your document and see whether this is OK

\makeatletter
\newcounter{aj} %%% one counter defined
\setcounter{aj}{0} %%%
\def\@lbibitem[#1]#2{%
  \if\relax\@extra at b@citeb\relax\else
    \@ifundefined{br@#2\@extra at b@citeb}{}{%
     \@namedef{br@#2}{\@nameuse{br@#2\@extra at b@citeb}}}\fi
   \@ifundefined{b@#2\@extra at b@citeb}%
   {\def\NAT at num{}}{\NAT at parse{#2}}%
   \item[\stepcounter{aj}\hfil\hyper at natanchorstart{#2%
   \@extra at b@citeb}\@biblabel{\NAT at num}%%% increasing the counter
    \hyper at natanchorend]%
    \ifnum\theaj<10~~\theaj.~\else\theaj.~\fi%%%% this is to align
                  %%%% the numbers to right and put
                  %%%% the number in the start of new bibitem
    \NAT at ifcmd#1(@)(@)\@nil{#2}}
\setlength{\bibhang}{3em} %%% This defines
                          %%%  the hanging indent
\makeatother

--
thanks