[Tugindia] Sr. No. in `references'

H S Rai hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in
Fri Jun 13 13:16:22 CEST 2003

Today at 9:47am +0530 Rishi wrote:

>   On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, H S Rai wrote:
>
>   > I used  \bibliographystyle{apalike} with  documentclass `report'
>   > along with  `natbib' For this,  is it  possible to have  list of
>   > references serial numbered  If yes, what option/  changes I need
>   > to made.
>
>   Please use the option `numbers' with natbib.sty
>
>   \usepackage[numbers]{natbib}

Your soultion  is fine  in case  I want to  have numbered  citation in
text, but  I wanted  to have  citaion in text  as `authoryear'  and to
have serial  numbered list  in section `References'. That is,  to have
numbering  only in  `Reference' section  and  not in  main text  while
citing.

I hope, now my query is much clearer.

Is there solution for this requirement?

--