[Tugindia] Re: Word problem

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Thu Jun 5 11:50:01 CEST 2003

Hi!
I agree with you that people are often forced to use what they
are given and there is resistance to change.  Regarding drawing figures,
quite a lot can be achieved with Xfig. You can export your drawings to
latex and e(e)pic formats apart from a plethora of usual formats like
.eps, .png etc. Quite a lot of dvi drivers support eepic specials.
I heard that Xfig can be installed in Windows also but
I haven't tried it. If there is anybody in the list who has done this
I would like to have their feedback.
S. Venkataraman.