FW: [Tugindia] Figure and Table

Goebel, Juergen, ISO31 juergen.goebel at sysde.eads.net
Tue Jul 29 10:51:46 CEST 2003

> Ashis Kumar Mal [mailto:akmal at ece.iitkgp.ernet.in] wrote:

> I would like to put one table and one figure
> side by side on a page, to accomodate more
> text in a page.

> It is drawing the figure after the table.

Yes, because this is, what you tell LaTeX to do.
The two floating environments figure and table
could not go side by side. Figures and tables
will generally float independently, unless you
'glue' them together.

> Could someone please help me to place the
> table and figure side by side.

I think this is not so simple, if you want to
float the combined tabular/graphics (what would
you choose: table oder figure as the floating
environment?). If you don't let them float, just
put them into minipages side by side without
figure- and table-enviroment. If you still need
the caption have a look at some packages like
nonfloat.sty or so.

Hope that helps,

Juergen