[Tugindia] Documentation on dvips/packages

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Jul 4 07:56:57 CEST 2003

Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> vanchinathan at vsnl.net schrieb:
> > I would like to know (i)how to make TeX read eps files to allot
> > space in the dvi file for
> > an image to be inserted later.
>
> f.ex.:
> \iclucegraphics[bb=0 0 200 100, draft, type=eps]{filename}

\includegraphics of course, the draft option replaces the figure by an
area of the appropriate size with the filename in the middle, the
type=eps should usually not be necessary, you need to have the package
graphicx loaded for this.  graphicx is a LaTeX package, should you
want to use it with plain TeX instead of LaTeX, you need to load
miniltx.tex as well and check out its documentation how then to load
graphicx.

UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>