[Tugindia] Bug in Devnag

Amitabh Trehan tugindia@tug.org
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 01:55:46 +0530

--------------Boundary-00=_YEN5SZAOR5GAH8KWQZFU

Hi,
 I believe we have discovered a bug in devnag, the source of which we are=
 not=20
entirely sure. English text typeset when dev.sty is used (i.e devnag pack=
age=20
is used) results in junk text for indentations and tab spaces (^^I) . The=
=20
following example files will result in the problem mentioned. There is a=20
temporary solution as suggested by CV Radhakrishnan(in the second file=20
test.dn) by translating the tab into spaces, but the problem needs to be=20
looked into deeper. This problem has at least occurred on systems using=20
TeXLive7 (after using the updated devnag distribution from the ftp sites,=
=20
because TeXLive doesnt have the updated ones).

regards,
Amitabh Trehan
--------------Boundary-00=_YEN5SZAOR5GAH8KWQZFU

%%%%%% test.tex %%%%%%%%%%