[Tugindia] how to identify the page break without xdvi

H S Rai hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in
Fri Feb 21 13:21:07 CET 2003

Today at 11:54am +0530 Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:

>   ... and have  come here from a windows  background. david, imagine
>   someone who  had been using  ms word (i find  it trash now)  on ms
>   windows (i shudder  at the thought now) for ages  and some who has
>   just recently switched to linux and latex. so, i try to map things
>   from  windows/ word  to linux/  latex  and this  leads to  trouble
>   initially. then i  discover better and more elegant  ways of doing
>   it.

If you want to  find all so called great features  of a word processor
from LaTeX, then following link may prove useful.

http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/info/latex4wp/latex4wp.pdf

>   this specific  question arose becuase  i wanted to make  sure that
>   the last bullet or just two one line bullets do not go on the next
>   page. this may not be standard but that is how i wanted it.

There are better way to tell LaTeX,  not to break some portion of text
across pages. I am sure tutorials will serve the purpose.

--
H.S.Rai                                     http://www.grex.org/~hsrai
                                        Registered Linux User # 223684

"If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing."