[Tugindia] Filling PDF Forms with LaTeX

Manoj Kummini kummini at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 17:19:59 CET 2003

 --- Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org> wrote:

> By the way, can't you open the pdf form in Acrobat and enter data?

The footer at the bottom of the PDF page said that its master
document was a MSWord document, and I could not fill it with Acrobat.
I don't think that the page had `forms' as an HTML page has, but only
blanks for users to fill in.

How I got around the problem is slightly OT, but let me describe it
anyway.

I wrote a LaTeX file that contained all the answers to the questions
in the PDF file and generated a PS file from that. Then I merged the
original PDF file and the PS file to a new PS file. I observed that
the pages from the original PDF file and those from the PS file
containing the answers had the same fonts. (I do not know much about
how PostScript gives font information, but the code for both the
pages looked similar.) Then I did an extensive cut-and-paste,
changing the co-ordinates when necessary!

Does someone know how to extract the co-ordinates of all the boxes in
a PostScript file?

Manoj.

=====
--