[Tugindia] Unknown problem please help

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Sat Dec 27 15:03:29 CET 2003

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 vikram balaji wrote :
>hi,
>I downloaded the .tex files from the site tug.org.in
>(Tutorial pages).When i ran "tex chap01.tex" some
>error poped up.These are the error
>! Undefined control sequence.
>l.1 \documentclass
>                   [a4paper,twoside] {tugindia}
>
>instead of any text in it the following lines were
>found on the dvi file
>
>[a4paper,twoside]
>{tugindia}{headings}[screen,rightpanel,paneltoc,code]
>{fiscreen}{.95}{anysize}marginsize{1.75in}{1.5in}{1in}{1in}
>

>can any one help me in fixing the problem.If it works
>well on any system please inform me.
>I'm curious to know what is wrong in this.Also some
>other .tex files also give the same comment.
>bye
>vikram

I downloaded the file ltxprimer-src-1[1].0.tar (it is in the book form) and what you downloaded is probably a pdfscreen version.

Manoj has already given you some suggestions. Run latex ****.tex instead of tex. In the above file I am also encountering some problem. I could compile only upto 136 pages. After that some error message is coming. Probably some style file is old!? Another thing it uses a style sabon.sty. You have to comment it before processing the file, as it uses some proprietory fonts [see the previous postings on Indian TUG for details]. You may need some additional style files - mathrsfs, comment, acronym, multirow, if you are not already having them. (In my system [installed from the TeXLive CD] these files were not installed).

I already posted to Shri CVR about the problem I faced and waiting for a reply.

With best Wishes

VenuGopal