[Tugindia] Help on modifying on Indexname requested

Manoj Kummini kummini at math.ukans.edu
Tue Dec 2 18:46:49 CET 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 06:12:34hrs -0000, Duvvuri Venu Gopal wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 Manoj Kummini wrote :
>
> [...]
>
> >Copy all the lines that define the `figure' environment from, say,
> >article.cls to your file and change it to your favourite name for cases.
> >That should generate a .loc (:-)) file. You can include it by
> >modifying the commands for \listoffigures to suit you.
>
> I will try it. But the problem may be for 'lot' it looks for \caption in
> the table environment. But I have not created any case environment.

The only thing \caption does vis-a-vis the list of figures is an
\addcontentsline. You can achieve that by adding an \addcontentsline in

Does your set of cases mostly contain text, with inline maths? Then you
might be able to tinker with enumerate to get a solution. Tweak \item to
write an \addcontentsline.

Manoj.

--
Manoj Kummini
Graduate Student, Dept. of Mathematics, The Univ. of Kansas,