[Tugindia] TeXLive

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at tug.org
Thu Aug 28 05:54:01 CEST 2003

We're happy to announce that TeXLive 8 has been released and we have
the iso images of demo, install and live versions of the CD.  Install
version is what a normal user would need. Live version is ready-to-run
TeX system in a CD without installing unto your harddisk and demo as
the name indicates is for demonstration purpose.

TUGIndia would make available all the bzipped ISO images at:

 http://texlive.sarovar.org

which people can download for free and do whatever they like. I would
request users to grab the images, duplicate CD's and distribute among
the community around them, which would save TUGIndia from the hassles
of duplication and mailing. If they want they can even sell it for a
price.

If our subscribers love to have it duplicated and distributed through
TUGIndia, we need to hear from the subscribers about their
requirements.  I would request people to send me off-list a one line
mail indicating their requirement of install version of TeXLive CD's.
We don't have any plans to duplicate demo and live versions at the
moment.

However, TUGIndia would hesitate to do the exercise, if the total
requirement from all users is less than 100 CD's. We would charge
Rs. 500 per CD which includes packaging and forwarding costs.

Best

Radhakrishnan
for Indian TeX Users Group

PS: I haven't uploaded the images to sarovar.org so far, which would
    take another day. I would make an announcement in this list as
    soon as the job is completed.