[Tugindia] Page Ref

Manoj Kummini kummini at math.ukans.edu
Tue Aug 26 10:54:13 CEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 10:09:17hrs +0000, Arun Kejariwal wrote:

>     Just like one can reference sections by calling their labels, how do I
> refer to a particular page. Labeling a page is not feasible as the page
> boundaries are not known apriori. Any suggestions?

If you want to know the page on which a figure is placed or a section
begins (for writing statements like `See Figure 1 on page 12'), you can use
\pageref{key}. E.g., you can use

---begin code---
\begin{figure}
\caption{A Typical figure}\label{fig:typical}
\end{figure}

In Fig.~\ref{fig:typical} on p.~\pageref{fig:typical}, we see the growth of
gnus in Gnuland.

---end code---

Any key used in \label can be referred to by \ref and \pageref.

With regards
Manoj.
--
Manoj Kummini
Graduate Student, Dept. of Mathematics, The Univ. of Kansas,