[Tugindia] Vertical Alignment of Last Page

Ashis Kumar Mal akmal at ece.iitkgp.ernet.in
Tue Aug 26 00:33:25 CEST 2003

On 25 Aug 2003, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

> By the way, why don't you use pdfLaTeX to create pdf straight from
> your TeX sources?

Thanks  for the tips. I have used pdfLateX, and the problem
is solved.
The problem with pdfLatex is I need to convert
my figures(PSTRICKS/XFIG) to pdf through, dvi-ps-eps-pdf.
(I am still not familiar with pdftricks)

I have one more issue related to documents formatted
in twocolumn. I want the both the columns of the last
page to appear eually aligned in length like this.

   From                         To
xxxxxxxx  xxxxxxx	xxxxxxxx  xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx  xxxxxxx       xxxxxxxx  xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx  xxxxxxx       xxxxxxxx  xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx                xxxxxxxx  xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx                 xxxxxxx   xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

I have tried to adjust manually using \vspace etc.
but I had to readjust, soon some further editing
is done.
Any good solution with reference to Reference
section will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

With regards,
Ashis Kumar Mal