[Tugindia] designing title pages

Baburaj A. Puthenveettil apbabu at mecheng.iisc.ernet.in
Sun Aug 24 02:53:09 CEST 2003

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Herbert Voss wrote:

> > Cannot the same effect be obtained by using tabular environment with
> > parbox option? Excuse me if I am out of depth here.

> something like this
>
> Herbert

Thanks herbert for the code.

It only partly solves the placement issue.

When I run your code as follows

1.There is a dark band to the left of both figures
2. The text ovelaps with the figure

I was looking for an easy way to divide the page into 4 non overlapping
regions so that I can put two figures and the points about it on the side
as bulletted lists.

I had tried this with parbox. I does the job but is time consuming as I
have to play around with box sizes,image sizes etc etc for getting good
and symmetrical placement

thanks
Baburaj