[Tugindia] Colour Background

E. Krishnan ekmath at md5.vsnl.net.in
Wed Aug 13 20:04:20 CEST 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Abdullah Sowkaar wrote:

> I need your suggestions for the following

> 1. A text should come inside a oval box with colored background.

The easiest way is to use the "pstcol" package (with the "usenames" option
so that you can use  all the "named" colors) as in:

\begin{center}
  \psovalbox*[fillcolor=Yellow]{%
    \parbox{0.5\textwidth}{%
      \color{Red}
      \begin{itemize}
      \item The first item
      \item The second item
      \item The third and last item
      \end{itemize}}}
\end{center}

if you want an actual ellipse or

\begin{center}
  \psframebox*[fillcolor=Yellow,framearc=1,framesep=10pt]{%
    \parbox{0.5\textwidth}{%
      \color{Red}
      \begin{itemize}
      \item The first item
      \item The second item
      \item The third and last item
      \end{itemize}}}
\end{center}

if you need only a "capsule".

> 2. How to control  thickness of the borders of ovalbox.

If you go the "pstricks", this is set by the parameter "linewidth"

> 3. Whats the use of \thicklines or \thinlines, where it has been defined and
> how to control all those things.

These declarations decide the thickness of lines currently in effect. The
default is often decided by the environment.

--
Krishnan