[Tugindia] TUG Meet

Amitabh Trehan amitabhtrehan at softhome.net
Thu Apr 24 14:32:47 CEST 2003

> I read minutes of  a IlugDelhi meeting held at IIT  Delhi a few months
> back and noticed that gathering  was not impressive. The venue has the
> advantage of  having thousands of  students and my impression  is that
> none of them attended that meeting. IMO, a sad thing :-(
>
> Of course  any activity  need money,  but promotional  talks/ lectures
> need to be free.

 Everything for students is anyways free and the conributions voluntary,
as far as I understand. Unfortunately, not many IIT students are aware
or active in such groups(maybe the tight acad schedule).

> May be thing  of commercial vendor supporting such  events or TugIndia
> having  a  commerical wing,  who  generate  money  from TeX  work  and
> development work and a  part of thet may be used  for promotion of TeX
> and friends.

I think user group meets have to be as inexpensive as possible - other
activities of course, need funding.