[Tugindia] TUG Meet

LinuxLingam linuxlingam at bhairon.com
Wed Apr 23 14:29:36 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 10:49 am, you wrote:
> Hi Mr. all,

> - Time: Suggestions please.
afternoon 2pm sounds good. we can then finish early, and have the sunday
evening to ourselves, to commute back, to hang around, etc.

> - Agenda: What is Publishing? (by LL ),
agreed.

> - I have with me TeXLive7 (Linux-only), TeXLive6(MultiPlatform with my
> additions to accomodate devnag properly), ftp.dante.de CTAN archives
> (3cds), books on TeX/LaTeX (Copyright??), and abstracts of TUG2002. Can
> work out ways for distribution if reqd.

yeah, let's do it. would we have a cd-burner there. or, perhaps you can do a
cd-requirements headcount, and then we could bring blank cds, and swap them
for the burnt ones. or something similar.
anyways, i do need the CDs, both of TeXLive7, 6, the 3cds, and a couple of
books. also need to know if these can be distributed freely to other students.

> - The venue has a win$ comp (need to free! the comp somehow) and
> projector.

you probably have enough time to install a dual-boot. or we could work with
knoppix, and keep some apps on a local partition. whatever.

> - No Golf courses and Snake pits around!! (but could work up something
> for tea and snacks if the moolah is there - prob. Dr. Shukla may sponsor
> a cup of tea, at least).

nah! what we do is, the money collected at the venue goes towards water, tee,
snakes. by the way, what's the legal status of tugindia delhi? what will you
do with the money collected? if we have no such formal status, it is better
to collect just enough money to cover all incidental costs, costs of giving
everyone a cd, a book, etc. etc.

what sayest thou?

am quite excited to see some signs of activity at TUGindia delhi and hope
this thing really grows.

:-)
LL