[Tugindia] TUG Meet

Amitabh Trehan amitabhtrehan at softhome.net
Wed Apr 23 11:49:38 CEST 2003

Hi Mr. all,
 Here are the proposals:
- Venue: IIT Delhi Maths Department seminar room.
- Date: 4th May 2003.
- Time: Suggestions please.
- Agenda: What is Publishing? (by LL ), LaTeX Intro talk for newbies (I,
volunteers?), TeX programming (anybody? Ajay Gupta?, Raj?), Devnag,
keyboard layouts (Raj?), the devnag font  bold program (or rather the
Bold devnag Font program)(Venkat?).
- I have with me TeXLive7 (Linux-only), TeXLive6(MultiPlatform with my
additions to accomodate devnag properly), ftp.dante.de CTAN archives
(3cds), books on TeX/LaTeX (Copyright??), and abstracts of TUG2002. Can
work out ways for distribution if reqd.
- The venue has a win$ comp (need to free! the comp somehow) and
projector.
- No Golf courses and Snake pits around!! (but could work up something
for tea and snacks if the moolah is there - prob. Dr. Shukla may sponsor
a cup of tea, at least).
- First meet was free (of cost) but prob. we should collect some funds
as we go along - student fees voluntary (I like the IlugDelhi model
@50+-shraddha).

 A quick iteration on the above issues will be appreciated.

Amitabh