[Tugindia] LaTeX in schools

LinuxLingam linuxlingam at bhairon.com
Tue Apr 8 17:04:39 CEST 2003

> We had one when we started TUGIndia at the end of 1997, but
> discontinued after two issues owing to lack of contributors. The old
> issues are available at:
>
>   ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/usergrps/tugindia/

have just downloaded them and will read them at leisure. thank you for the
url.

> Now, TUGIndia have decided to resurrect the journal due to the fact
> that we have several people now in this list who can write articles
> for TUGIndia Journal unlike in the formative period. You're also
> requested to contribute.

my pleasure, when and where i can.

>There are several departments like

do you have a sample issue of this new TUGMag somewhere?
so i can familiarize myself with its style, readership, yadda yadda?

i think would be fun to write for this magazine. atleast i can practise my
tex. do you pay for articles?

> I would request you to write about the font development competition
> among school children conducted by school-linux of Delhi Linux Users
> Group and its outcome or any topic you might think good.

old story. will think of new stuff.

> People are requested to send their contributions to KG Kumar
> <kg at tug.org.in>, editor of the journal and chief media contact of
> TUGIndia at the earliest so that we can release the first issue of
> this year within a month.

this month???? what's the deadline?

> By the way, TUGIndia Journal doesn't have a printed version, instead
> we would release PDF's for screen reading and printing.

great idea. save some trees, and some money as well.

:-)
LL