[Tugindia] Ligure problem in Font

LinuxLingam linuxlingam at bhairon.com
Mon Apr 7 15:14:08 CEST 2003

On Monday 07 April 2003 10:28 am, you wrote:

> 	But i likes to have a company notation to the prefex to the font
> 	name. i.e. i will rename the font name form abc.pfm to
> SRabc.pfm.
> 	In such case, the old name will be reflected in my DVI. But, I
> 	likes to have my prefix reflectes in the DVI.
>
> 	For that reason, i am rennaming the font name from abc.pfm to
> 	srabc.pfm from the dos mode and open the same file in FontLab to
> 	generate PFA.

the DOS filename, or any filename used by the filesystem, is not usually
considered with software that access fonts. the 'real' name of the font is
actually embedded within the font, by the font generator program, such as
FontLab, Fontographer, PfaEdit, etc.

To edit that, you could use PfaEdit under gnuLinux (or use cygwin under win
doze and run pfaEdit) and open your font. go to the 'font info...' command
and type in the font name you wish in the relevant tab.

:-)
LL