[Tugindia] LaTeX in schools

LinuxLingam linuxlingam at bhairon.com
Mon Apr 7 15:06:54 CEST 2003

>    > that computer novices in our M.Sc. courses at Mahatma Gandhi
>    > Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya have taken to Linux and LaTeX
>    > (yes, hand creation usig GVim)

> Nice to know that. Our students, not all but most, took a fancy to
> LaTeX. In fact, those with exposure to Word were more vocal in their
> support for LaTeX :-D
> On the editor side, the camp was divided between vim and ktexmaker2.

where is MGAHV based? delhi?
and Sridhar, which school./college students do you mention, and where?

incidentally, KTexMaker2 has morphed into KILE, and the latest version of
KILE is awesome. demoeing this software to students and those testing the TeX
waters leads to higher success, in my experience

:-)
LL