[Tugindia] British hyphenation pattern

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun Apr 6 18:41:07 CEST 2003

H S Rai <hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in> writes:

> Today at 12:08pm +0200 David Kastrup wrote:
>
> >      texconfig
> >
> >   and  selected "hyphenation"  in  order to  declare the  additional
> >   hyphenation  patterns you  wanted loaded  under what  name.  Also,
> >   there is a difference between  UKenglish and ukenglish, of course.
> >   I am not  sure what the current form is,  but thought I remembered
> >   UKenglish.
>
> It helped me  on RH8.0 machine. It uses `american'  and `british' name
> for hyphenation pattern.
>
> But,  on  RH7.1 (on  which  I  work  mostly), texconfig  showed  blank
> file.

A bug.  If 8.0 is too adventurous to you, at least an upgrade to the
most recent version of the 7.x series would be appropriate: the
stability increases from 7.0 to 7.3.

You could also upgrade the TeX installation only to the RPM files
from 7.3.

UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>