[Tugindia] British hyphenation pattern

H S Rai hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in
Sat Apr 5 20:37:27 CEST 2003

Today at 12:08pm +0200 David Kastrup wrote:

>      texconfig
>
>   and  selected "hyphenation"  in  order to  declare the  additional
>   hyphenation  patterns you  wanted loaded  under what  name.  Also,
>   there is a difference between  UKenglish and ukenglish, of course.
>   I am not  sure what the current form is,  but thought I remembered
>   UKenglish.

It helped me  on RH8.0 machine. It uses `american'  and `british' name
for hyphenation pattern.

But,  on  RH7.1 (on  which  I  work  mostly), texconfig  showed  blank
file.  I copied file from RH8.0, what I could not get it right. May be
version  of  babel. It  is  3.7h  on RH8.0  and  3.6Z  on  RH7.1. Even
\hyphenrules{nohyphenation} did not worked, though `nohyphenation' was
loaded by default.

--
H.S.Rai