[Tugindia] natbib

Baburaj A. Puthenveettil apbabu at mecheng.iisc.ernet.in
Thu Apr 3 02:47:26 CEST 2003

Hi,
	I have the Elsevier class file and use natbib as specified by the
journal as follows

\documentclass{elsart}
\usepackage{natbib}

my citations are as follows

~\citep{geb,blt}

My bib file is called as follows

\bibliography{babu}

I get the following error:

Package natbib Warning: Citation `geb' on page 1 undefined on input line
33...................
Package natbib Warning: There were undefined citations.

Whereas if I use the \bibitem within \begin{thebibliography}
\end{thebibliography} there is no error.

Could anybody tell me what the reason could be?. Doesnt natbib take
citations from .bib files?  If it doesnt then I will have to retype all
the entries in .bib file as bibitems :-(

bye
regards
Baburaj

ps: I too will drop in for the Bangalore TUG India chapter meeting, if its
in IISc.

Baburaj A.Puthenveettil,
Office:                                       Current Residence:
F.M.Lab, Dept of Mech Engg,                     U68, IISc
IISc, Bangalore, 560012                  Ph: 91 080 3942624,3942591,3600265
Ph: 91 080 3942302
Fax: 91 080 3600648
email: apbabu at mecheng.iisc.ernet.in, apbraj at rediffmail.com
http://www.mecheng.iisc.ernet.in/~apbabu