[Tugindia] Printing ps file under Windows

Balaji N tugindia@tug.org
26 Sep 2002 09:50:48 +0530

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 16:00, H.S.Rai wrote:
> Under Linux one can print ps file using command like:
>
> lpr -PprinterName myFile.ps
>
> Can we give print  command similar to this on MS  windows to get print
> on a Post Script printer. I have  seen persons preparing print file by
> using option  "print to a file",  and then issuing a  similar command,
> but this need driver of target printer and also some software.
>
> To put it otherway,  can I take a printout from a  window PC which has
> no software to read a ps file?
is the printer connected via the parallel port or is it a n/w printer.
in dos days, to print to a parallel port printer, copy <filename> > prn
used to work.
not sure if it still works.

googling gave me the following link. not sure if it is of any help
http://mini.net/tcl/949

hth
-b-
--
****
My opinions always matter :-)

	- Dan Malek on the linuxppc-embedded list
****