[Tuglist] tabular in figure

H.S.Rai tuglist@tug.org.in
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 12:23:27 +0530 (IST)

Today at 10:19am +0530 Rishi wrote:

>    On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, H.S.Rai wrote:
>
>    > Is  it possible to have tabular in figure environment ..
>
>    Of course. tabular is possible in figure environment.

Thank you Rishi. I must have doing some mistake. I was resizine like
this:

    \begin{figure}
    \centring
    { resizebox*{0.8\columnwidth}{!}
     { \includegraphics{1.eps}\\
        \begin{tabular}{lll} \hline
         ll & ll & ll\\ ll & ll & ll\\ ll & ll & ll\\ \hline
        \end{tabular}
     }
    } \caption{This is the figure caption} \lable{myLabel}
    \end{figure}

 This was giving error "something's wrong-- perhaps a missing \item.
On skipping "\\" after {1.eps}, it produced figure and tabular in
a line, but I wanted tabular below figure.

Can any one point out error in above code?

Though bringing tabular outside resizebox, has worked fine.

Thank you in advance.

--
H.S.Rai