[Tuglist] [OT] Extra ">" in mail

Manoj Kummini tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:12:34 +0100 (BST)

 --- "H.S.Rai" <hsraidce@iitr.ernet.in> wrote:

> first line of  2nd paragraph of mail got from  [tugList] get one extra
> ">" at the begining of line, where  as this character was not there in
> the copy of mail lying in my "sentMail".
>
> How does and where such character added?

It is because the first word of your second paragraph was `From', and sendmail
adds the character so that no one mistakes it for the beginning of a different
message.

> [...]
> >From given standard styles, "apalike" is near to my requirement, and I
> used  this with  "natlib"  to  use \citet  type  of citation. It  gave

Manoj.

=====
--
Manoj Kummini
http://www.geocities.com/kummini/index.html

Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's Free!!
       visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com