[Tuglist] [OT] Extra ">" in mail

H.S.Rai tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:41:00 +0530 (IST)

Sometime  mails get  extra  ">" character. Below  is the  example. The
first line of  2nd paragraph of mail got from  [tugList] get one extra
">" at the begining of line, where  as this character was not there in
the copy of mail lying in my "sentMail".

How does and where such character added?

<snip>
unable to  use "ascelike" style  with "report" class, whereas  it work
fine with ascelike class.

>From given standard styles, "apalike" is near to my requirement, and I
used  this with  "natlib"  to  use \citet  type  of citation. It  gave
<snip>

H.S.Rai