[Tugindia] Regional chapters [was] Meeting ... TUGIndia Delhi

Dr. Dinesh Karia tugindia@tug.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:06:56 +0530

MJ = "manjusha joshi" <manjushasjoshi@hotmail.com>

MJ > Thank you Prof. Karia,

MJ > For us we are started gathering just now and in my case after TUG-2002.

That is a good case. Here we do not have ANY kind of (*)TeX group.

MJ > So what I would like to suggest instead of thinking of organisation
first,
MJ > we should think for some programs like workshop, seminars, tutorials,
and
MJ > other so that thro' those we can gather people around us and then need
of
MJ > organisation will  come out naturally, and at that time we will have
local
MJ > team with us.

MJ > What listers think?

I totally agree as far as the workshop and other programs are concerned. But
you know, this can be done only if there is AT LEAST two persons in a nearby
location. And that is why the sort of (in)formal organization is required.
Any way, you have Prof. Katre and others there so you should plan some sort
of workshop.

All the best,

Dinesh Karia