[Tugindia] Regional chapters [was] Meeting... TUGIndia Delhi

Amitabh Trehan tugindia@tug.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 02:05:45 -0700 (PDT)

> Great thing Amitabh. Keep it up.
 Thank you.

> All:
>
> I  believe  Delhi chapter  may  expand  itself  to
> call  it  "Regional
> chapter: North" of TUGIndia  under which Delhi
> chapter  remain and few
> more come in due course of time. Likewise I believe
> we may have South,
> East, West  and Central  chapter and  at  least
> equal  number of  city
> chapter very soon.

Tha above idea is really interesting but it means an
increasing administrative setup and possible
beuracratic dangers. Also, the dedication level of a
few people at each Zonal Head (if one may call it)
needs to be higher. So, one needs careful though here.
It may also be inevitable if we have a proliferation
of  chaptere.

Amitabh

P.S: I have just contracted Chicken PoX , so I'll be
away for a week from the list since  I dont have a
comp where I am going for a week.