[Tugindia] pdfscreen.sty

Radhakrishnan CV tugindia@tug.org
18 Oct 2002 22:08:13 +0530

    Kalidoss> How to achieve the following using pdfscreen.sty?
    Kalidoss> 1. Transition from one slide to another?  (I tried
    Kalidoss> \pagedissolve but nothing seems to happen)

I tried \pagedissolve{Glitter}, it works correctly. I guess there is a
mistake in the mannual which says \pagedissolve{/Glitter}, it should
be without the forward slash. I am sorry for this mistake.

    Kalidoss> 2. Suppose a particular slide contains a list of items;
    Kalidoss> at the first instance, I want only the first item in the
    Kalidoss> list to be shown; when a key is pressd, the next item
    Kalidoss> should come up.

You mean incremental builds. Either you shall use TeXPower which will
help you to in one go or else, you might try PPower4, a java program
that postprocess the pdf to do the job. Both the programs are
available in CTAN.

    Kalidoss> 3. I used successfully the pdfpages.sty (with a file
    Kalidoss> prepared using pdfscreen.sty) to prepare the
    Kalidoss> transparencies as suggested by CVR.  But I want my
    Kalidoss> transparencies only in BLACK and not in color.

You mean the text and buttons? or your graphics too? The former can be
achieved with 'gray' option. I dont know how to do the latter.

Best.