[Tugindia] Development council/ Wish list

H S Rai tugindia@tug.org
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 22:10:09 +0530 (IST)

Today at 11:58am +0530 Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

>RC   If we don't start the job now, listers might be frustrated after
>RC   some time for  reasons of loud talk, but  nothing substantial is
>RC   happening around.   I would  earnestly request the  following to
>RC   form the development council  and provide adequate leadership in
>RC   various matters so that others can join the team.
>RC
>RC    1. Ajit Ranade (Mumbai)

<snip>

I am ready.

Persons, other than  those whose name is included in  list, willing to
work for development are also requested to express their willingness.

>RC   I believe, all these people are reading this mail. Once you form
>RC   the team, people will be inspired to join and help the team.  We
>RC   have  a representative  selection of  people across  the country
>RC   that makes a  wonderful team together. What a  bunch great human
>RC   resource! A few hours of your  time per week cumulatively can do
>RC   wonders! :-))
>RC
>RC   Any thoughts?

How to  proceed. Do these person  have a separate mailing  list, where
they  can  interact without  interfering  too  much on  TUGIndia  with
development and related issues? Can  sourceforge be useful. We need to
know what is the skill set of persons involved and what he want to do?

To  start with  we  may prepare  a "Wish  List". List  members may  be
requested  to express  their wihses,  what  they want  more from  TeX/
LaTeX. Chances  are that  there may  some package  already to  fulfill
one's wish. Getting  that information, on  compiling it may be  a good
source  of  information. And  from  unfulfilled list  of  wishes,  new
development project may be started.

--
H.S.Rai

Wait for growth...it happens in the fullness of time.