[Tugindia] Some ideas for Indian TeX

manjusha joshi tugindia@tug.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:33:08 +0000

>From: Radhakrishnan CV <cvr@river-valley.org>
>To: tugindia@tug.org
>Subject: Re: [Tugindia] Some ideas for Indian TeX
>Date: 11 Oct 2002 10:46:27 +0530

>     manjusha> Yes!  We at Pune , Maharashtra doing things for making
>     manjusha> latex popular among educational people, for that we
>     manjusha> provide them solution for installtion, training, we
>     manjusha> encourage queries about latex, and try to increase latex
>     manjusha> family in Pune.
>
>Is this information published? Is it available anywhere in the
>internet?

No mouth publicity only and thro' notices to colleges only
>Do you have any organized training program,
Yes! 5 sessions for the short course.
>could you
>provide the timing, period, location, free structure, contact
>information, etc., so that we might provide the information in the
>TUGIndia site.

Ok!

>     manjusha> I am also interested in writing style files, work on
>     manjusha> graphics+tex things.  We from Dept of Mathematics,
>     manjusha> University of Pune, also interesting in font developing
>     manjusha> using bezier curves.
>
>Have you developed any fonts?
>Or do you have any specific plans to do
>one?
We are searching for exact requirement.
>If yes, list them, we might include in the ongoing projects page
>of our site (on the making).
>
>     manjusha> What else you want cvr?
>
>You should start a regional chapter of TUGIndia in Pune, which will
>form a nodal point for all the TeX users in and around Pune to
>assemble and conduct workshops, seminars, enlighten users with newer
>technologies like integration of Povray into TeX.

We are arranging Lecture on POVRay at Dept. of Mathematics, Pune university
on 9th Nov.at 4pm  by Dr. Kaveh Bazaragan,U.K. which will confirm by Dr.
Bazaragan in couple of days. Interested persons can send mails to
manjushasj@math.unipune.ernet.in .