[Tugindia] Online Certification

S. venkataraman tugindia@tug.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:30:32 +0530

	This is a very good idea.  We can develop some self
instructional material for the
	same.  If tug want to have a team for developing the material,
I would like to be a
	part of it.  I can contribute by writing/editing the material.
We can support the students
	who enrol via e-mail.  We can have a separate mailing list for
students. We can even
	 have chat sessions if necessary. Some of us can do counselling
through e-mail(again
	I would like to contribute)
	 and clear doubts of the students who enrol.  This way we can
reach out to more people.
	 Even people who do not
	volunteer for face to face teaching may volunteer for
counselling through e-mail because timings are
	flexible. We can run it on a no profit no loss basis.  A tex
live CD-ROM would be part of the material
	that we send to the students.
	[S. venkataraman]