[Tugindia] Re: [Tuglist] A suggestion.

E. Krishnan tugindia@tug.org
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:36:06 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Dr. Dinesh Karia wrote:

> Please find herewith enclosed the TeX file containing a small write-up
> for PCQ.

  <snip>

> Please feel free to comment on the article and if you feel the article
> should be revised, please tell me.

I think the article needs a thorough revision in both content and form.
Some of the points noted by CVR in his mail to this list on 19 Sep 2002
under the thread " [Tuglist] Tug2002: Hangover? " are highly relevant
and could be incorporated into this article. As it stands, it seem to lack
focus.

Also, I've noted some errors:

  1. The title of the first section should be "A brief historic note"
     instead of "A small historic notes".

  2. The commands "\TeX" and "\LaTeX" (or any control word, for that
     matter) should be followed by a control space such as
     "\TeX\ " and "\LaTeX\ " to enforce spaces in the output.

  3. There's no such thing as an "inter-sentence space" in TeX. Only
     inter-word space and space after a period.

  4. The metafont logo is produced by the command \MF defined in the
     package mflogo.sty

  5. Instead of ".pdf" and  ".ps" files, it's better to say
     \textsc{PDF} and PostScript files.

The language and style also requires some polishing.

--
Krishnan