[Tugindia] Howmany newdimen variable allowed in latex

Baskaran tugindia@tug.org
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:53:28 +0530

Dear sirs

I use the following packages (lot of newdimen variables defined packages)
with our style file
\input prepictex
\input pictex
\input postpictex

then the following error will come. While I am compiling with article style
then there is no error. In our style file,
some newdimen variables (11 nos) are defined. Howmany newdimen variable
allowed in latex?
How to increase the limit? How to avoid this error?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
! No room for a new \dimen .
\ch@ck ...\else \errmessage {No room for a new #3}
                                                  \fi