[Tuglist] Letter w/o subject --> (Offer of Radhakrishnan)

David Kastrup tuglist@tug.org.in
25 May 2002 10:00:37 +0200

"Dr. Dinesh Karia" <dineshjk@earth.planet.net.in> writes:

> It is nice to see such dialogues in groups. I do not understand how
> this kind of joint project could be taken. As while helping the
> other person,while passing the helping instruction, will have to
> type all the things. However if somebody helps me in understanding
> the TeX programming, I would volunteer to (i) understand TeX
> programming (ii) write the classes/packages (iii) make it available
> to others by uploading it at appropriate site.

Just be sure to check out available solutions from CTAN before
indulging into too much work of your own.  There are a number of
letter classes better suited to base future work on than the default
letter.cls.

One sees things like
akletter
beletter
gletter
myletter
dinbrief
g-brief
brief

and several of them offer much more customization options than
letter.cls, and also more features.  I think it likely that one of
them could be made to fit the bill for usual Indian letter formats
without too much additional work.

Email: David.Kastrup@t-online.de