[Tuglist] Letter w/o subject --> (Offer of Radhakrishnan)

Dr. Dinesh Karia tuglist@tug.org.in
Fri, 24 May 2002 21:37:30 +0530

It is nice to see such dialogues in groups. I do not understand how this
kind of joint project could be taken. As while helping the other
person,while passing the helping instruction, will have to type all the
things. However if somebody helps me in understanding the TeX programming, I
would volunteer to (i) understand TeX programming (ii) write the
classes/packages (iii) make it available to others by uploading it at
appropriate site.

    It will be a genuine and sincere work from my side. My background is
(Fortran, Pascal, C/C++, dBase etc. I have been learning of my own VC++
presently.). I do not have any degree in computer, but I have taught Pascal,
C/C++ to M.Sc./M.Phil. Student. I have learnt all by trial/error and reading
books and manuals only. I have used ChiWriter and Word 6.0 to 2000 and also
MiKTeX for typesetting my research papers and thesis. I am sure I can pick
up the topic with this background.

Dinesh Karia
----- Original Message -----
From: "Radhakrishnan CV" <cvr@river-valley.org>
To: "TugList" <tuglist@tug.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Tuglist] Letter w/o subject

> On Thu, 23 May 2002 at 10:24, H.S.Rai wrote:
>
>    I could not find something like \subject{} to write "Subject"
>    in documantclass "letter". Then I have to do it by putting
>    "\vspace{0.5cm} Sub: My subject" in \letter{}.

.............. Portion of original mail curtailed to save

 The best way will be to write your own letter.cls, because the
 default letter.cls is best suited for the US style of letters. Can
 we have a project to write a letter class that might suit Indian
 situations and that can provide more hooks for user configuration?
 If you volunteer, I can help you.