[Tuglist] preview-latex and pstricks

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Mon, 13 May 2002 10:34:00 +0530 (IST)

--8323328-881935399-1021223100=:1642

Here is a very interesting mail from E Krishnan which relates to
preview-latex and pstricks. The screen shots of the Emacs frames are
available at:

1.  http://www.tug.org.in/download/preview-pst1.jpg
2.  http://www.tug.org.in/download/preview-pst2.jpg

(1) is the screen short of the TeX document and (2) the same
document with pstricks graphic previewed.

>From ekmath@md5.vsnl.net.in Mon May 13 10:24:31 2002
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 22:36:42 +0530 (IST)
From: E. Krishnan <ekmath@md5.vsnl.net.in>
To: C.V.Radhakrishnan <cvr@river-valley.org>
Subject: preview-latex and pstricks

Wonders! preview-latex can be customized to view graphics
generated by pstricks. This is how you can do it.

From the "LaTeX" menu in Emacs, choose

   Preview > Customize > Browse options

In the customize buffer click on

   Preview LaTeX Group >  Go to group

Click on

   Preview Default Option List > Show

and check the

   psfixbb

option. Then click on

  Preview Default Preamble > Show

and click on the *last*

  INS

button (that is the one *below* the \RequirePackage{...} and
typein

  \PreviewEnvironment{pspicture}

Click on either "Set for Current Session" or "Save for Future
Sessions"

Click

   Finish

on *both* the customization buffers and you're done! I'm including
a sample file you can preview.

It's wonderful!

--
Krishnan

--8323328-881935399-1021223100=:1642
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--8323328-881935399-1021223100=:1642--