[Tuglist] Text + fig on same page

H.S.Rai tuglist@tug.org.in
Wed, 1 May 2002 17:14:38 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Baskaran wrote:

>  I could not know what about remaining 4%. If i
>  increase or reduce the floatpagefraction, there is no
>  effect. How to get 100% on first page

I thing with 93% height of your figure you will get one line
of text below it. That mean with 96% height, it is not
possible to have a single line of text. One text line take
about 2.17% ( with 46 lines per page ) and there must be
some breathing space between text and figure.

H.S.Rai

PS: My explanation is without knowing technical detail of
package. It is based on common sense [ if I have any :-)]