[Tuglist] Need a conversion program

Ross Moore tuglist@tug.org.in
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:52:49 +1100 (EST)

Hi Radi.

you didn't include the email of the poster, so I have to reply
to you, and ask you to send it on.

> On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 at 12:24, H.S.Rai wrote:
>
>    I found following limitation of latex2html: On converting .tex to
>    .html by latex2html, the images generated for math symboles and
>    equations has thick border line on left hand side and bottom of
>    images.

This is a common problem, which indicates that either
 A.  your pnmcrop  utility (from the netpbm bundle)  is not up-to-date,
or
 B. that your LaTeX2HTML installation is not configured correctly for the
      pnmcrop  that you have available on your system.

Some versions of RedHat Linux come with an incompatible configuration
of these programs.

Best advice is to get the latest  netpbm  for your platform,
from  www.sourceforge.net/projects/netpbm
and the latest version of LaTeX2HTML from  www.latex2html.org .
Make sure you configure and install them correctly.

>    H.S.Rai
>
> I am copying this post to Ross Moore who is the current maintainer
> of LaTeX2HTML, I'm sure, Ross will enlighten us.

Hope this helps,

	Ross