[Tuglist] missfont [was] ps->pdf

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 13:43:50 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 at 12:43, H.S.Rai wrote:

   On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

   >  When you make postscript from dvi, please use the following command:
   >
   >   dvips -Ppdf <filename>

   On issuing above command, I got a file missfont.log having
   following content:

   mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 1+0/8000 --dpi 8000 ecrm1000

   Is it serious matter? or should I ignore this.

I guess you use \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} to get the t1 encoded fonts
which loads the ec fonts instead of the ot1 encoded cm fonts.
Unfortunately, your distribution doesn't have the type1 version of
ec fonts. You can now download from CTAN if you like, but be warned
it is a huge set which might have a file size of nearly 40 MB.

Do you have any specific reason to use ec fonts? If not remove that
line, that will help to default to the normal cmr fonts for which
your TeX system should have type1 fonts.

Generate postscript with -Ppdf option of dvips and see the results.
Please post the results to the list.