[Tuglist] ps->pdf

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:31:06 +0530 (IST)

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 at 17:32, H.S.Rai wrote:

   When I convert foo.ps to foo.pdf using ps2pdf, I find perfect
   results if I view on Linux using gv. But when Acrobat Reader on
   Window is used to view, screen quality is poor, but print quality
   is O.K.

That is because you dont use type1 fonts while creating the
postscript. The raster fonts might look better in GV, but will be
ugly looking in Acrobat (type3 fonts).

   Is there some way or any option to have good printing and viewing
   on Linux as well as on Window.

When you make postscript from dvi, please use the following command:

 dvips -Ppdf <filename>

so that type1 fonts are used while making the postscript instead of
raster fonts.