[Tuglist] RE: Figures

S. venkataraman tuglist@tug.org.in
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:12:41 +0530

> Message: 4
> From: "Dr. A. Ramakalyan, ICE/RECT" <RKALYN@rect.ernet.in>
> To: tuglist@tug.org.in
> Date:          Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:42:12 IST+530
> Subject: [Tuglist] Regarding figures
>
> I have been using Tex for quite some time both in UNIX and DOS
> platforms.  My work has lots of eqns. for which I am blessed with
> Tex. I also have lots of "block diagrams" which are a cake walk using
> xfig in Unix.  But I am totally deprived of any such facility on my
> PC.  Any suggestions on good (perhaps free) software for my MS
> windows PC that does exactly the same job as xfig?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> sincerely
> Ramakalyan

> Dr. Ramakalyan Ayyagari                     Residence:
> Dept. of Instr. & Control Engg.,            #8, 8th Street
> Regional Engg. College Tiruchi              REC Campus
> TIRUCHI  620 015 INDIA                      TIRUCHI 620 015 INDIA
> Email:  rkalyn@rect.ernet.in                Tel: +91 - 431 - 500 706
> Tel:    +91 - 431 - 500 281 extn. 2502(O)
>                             extn. 3859(R)
> Fax:    +91 - 431 - 500 133
>
> --__--__--
	There are two three packages that you can try.
	1) Texcad. One problem is, version 3.2 doesn't run in Win98
because
	of a bug in Turbo pascal 7.0.
	2)Latexcad.  This is a package for windows.
	3)Texpict and Tkpaint.  For Texpict, Tcl/Tk has to be installed
on
	your computer. Tcl/tk can be downloaded from www.scriptics.com.
	Texpict can be downloaded from
http://gatxan.cimne.upc.es/texpict/#download