[Tuglist] Environment slide in pdfscreen.sty

David Kastrup tuglist@tug.org.in
12 Jun 2002 13:42:13 +0200

Radhakrishnan CV <cvr@mail.river-valley.org> writes:

>     David> Why?  I explicitly explained why the \makeatletter was
>     David> necessary, so why do you delete it?  And why do you make
>     David> just the definition again for which I explained to you
>     David> why and how it failed?
>
> Please cool down David, after all this is a list of novices rather
> than TeXies as you find in the tug.org lists.

Sorry, I hope no personal offense was taken.  I tend to a somewhat
inflammatory and sometimes short-tempered answer style which may be
less appropriate than desirable sometimes.  After listening in for a
while on TUG-India, I tried reining myself in somewhat, but just
failed this time.

In India, hot spicing of food might be better appreciated than hot
spicing of speech, though I am prone to overdoing both (eating red
chilies without diluting them with other food).  I hope to be doing
more detailed studies during the TUG2002 conference this fall.

>     David> If you insist on ignoring my explanations, you might also
>     David> find this explained in the UKTUG FAQ, under the heading
>
>     David> \@ and @ in macro names

And probably quite better explained than I could at a minute's try.
The various available FAQs really are worth taking a look at, and
some of them are referenced off from TUG India's main web site.

Email: David.Kastrup@t-online.de