[Tuglist] Re: Re: Help me in installing TeluguTeX

Duvvuri Venu Gopal tuglist@tug.org.in
2 Jul 2002 03:18:49 -0000

Sir

Thank you very much for your reply. I will try your suggestions.
Regarding 'itrans', I tried to install it and faced some problems.
To my querry Avinashji's reply is not encouraging which is
appended below -

************** quote starts **************

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 Avinash Chopde wrote :
> > When I am trying telgu.itx it is processing to .tex.
> > When I am processing this file on LaTeX errors are coming.
> > It could not find the fonts needed.
>
>Unfortunately, ITRANS is a very complex package to install
>(mainly
>because it requires configuring TeX/LaTeX/dvips - which are
>complex),
>and this fact is mentioned on the web page, I don't recommend
>downloads to anyone except for expert programmers. Some hints
>on what needs to be configured is available in the ITRANS/lib
>folder - files like DVIPSRC, SHENV, psfonts.map etc..
>
>Creating fonts for TeX is also very complicated.
>
>There are many other free Telugu packages available, you may
>want to do a search on the web.
>
>---
>Avinash Chopde
>avinash@aczone.com
>http://www.aczone.com/

For (1) I am new to TeX/LaTeX - only 2 months old.
(2) I am not a programmer
(3) I am also not a mathematecian.

That's why I am trying TeluguTeX.

I will come back after implementing your suggestions.

Thank you very much

D. Venu Gopal
There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com.
Go now http://monsterindia.com/rediffin/