[Tugindia] suggestions

Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri tugindia@tug.org
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 07:59:36 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

> I am using a \documentclass[book] for my purpose to
get the chapters. Now, while defining \chapter, I get
the default output.
> to get the whole chapter and chaptername to the
> right of the page?

As Rai and others suggested it is always better to
stick to the default settings since they are the best.
But you can try the possiblities as it is a good
learning experience.

To get the required effect you can just try
redefining the \@makechapterhead#1{ of book.cls.
The default setting is raggedright. I found that if
you change that to raggedleft you will get what you
are asking for. Something like this.

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
\begin{document}