[Tugindia] pdfscreen and texpower

Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri tugindia@tug.org
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 07:01:37 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I have to make some slides for my presentation. I am
thinking of using pdfscreen with texpower. I have
never used pdfscreen and texpower before.

To begin with, I tried to compile the pdfscrdemo.tex
which is coming with texpower.
When I compile the pdfscrdemo.tex I am getting a pdf
file which is different from the pdfscrdemo.pdf given
in the 'doc' of texpower. (Once Sridhar had pointed
the same thing in the list). CVR suggested to not to
use the option 'slifonts' for texpower. But even after
doing this modification, I am not getting the same
output. Following are the problems.

1. The output is not landscape.
2. The colours are different.
3. The panel is not displayed properly from second
page onwards. (It just blinks and goes).

For the present purpose, I do not want to use panel. I
made some slides using pdfscreen. But I could not
figure out how to use the texpower options like \pause
and \stepwise.

My sample code is something like this.

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[display]{texpower}
\usepackage[screen,nopanel]{pdfscreen}
\usepackage{times}
\margins{0.5in}{0.5in}{0.5in}{0.5in}
\screensize{6.25in}{8in}
\bottombuttons
\notesname{Notes:}
\begin{document}
\begin{slide}
\title{Lipofection--Cationic Mediated Gene Delivery}
\author{Dileep P.V.}
\maketitle
\end{slide}
\begin{slide}
{\Large Test:}
\pause
This is just for testing
\end{slide}
\end{document}

\pause command and all is not functional in the above
case. I felt that I should not be using \begin{slide}
and \end {slide}, since \pause has to make a new slide
for its function. If this is the case, can anyone
suggest me how should I define the new slides?

After reading the pdfscrdemo.tex I could not figure
out how it is starting a new slide. Can anybody who
has used this combination for slides send me a
sample.tex.

Thanking you,

With best regards,

Dileep