[Tugindia] Creating JPG/JPEG

Amitabh Trehan tugindia@tug.org
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 15:29:36 +0530

> faxing as per your need. The leanest files are generally produced
> using netpbm but you do need to RTFM to use those tools.

 An innovative use of netpbm and png (refer: smb's mail on list) I know is the
LaTeX2html program, which uses this to convert e.g. devnag text to png
images. We have used it successfully since last year at our website. The
latest is at www.hindivishwa.org .

> This has been discussed here and elsewhere. Your options are:
> (1) use epstopdf or other tool to convert to pdf.
 What is the way to give it as a command in a TeX file if I am using pdflatex?