[Tugindia] Table

Baskaran tugindia@tug.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:31:32 +0530

Dear sir,

We can adjust column separation space by the command \tabcolsep

for example

{
\tabcolsep=8pt\begin{tabular*}[\textwidth]{C|C|...etc}
\end{tabular*}
}

Regards
baskaran nk

-----Original Message-----
From: jayanta haldar [mailto:multiheads@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 12:13 AM
To: tugindia@tug.org
Subject: [Tugindia] Table

Hello,

I am Jayanta. I am a novice to this list. I have just
started learning LaTex with the help of one of my
friends who is also a member of this list. I could
generate my document by using LaTex and it really
looks very nice.

Now I am facing some problems in tabular environments.
I want to have the width of one table same as the text
 width. From the net,  I could found that the
following commands will do the same.

\begin{tabular*}[\textwidth]{C|C|...etc}
\end{tabular*}

Though this environment make the table width same as
the textwidth, the contents inside the table is not
getting adjusted accordingly; thus making the table
ugly looking.

Could you please guide me in this regard?

Thanking you,

With best regards,

Jayanta.